- 2 oz. Gran Centenario Tequila Plata
- 1/2 oz. Falernum*
- 3/4 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 5-6 dashes Fee Brothers Grapefruit Bitters
- Shake and strain into 13 oz. Collins Glass, over fresh ice (you can put salt on the rim, but I think salt tends to deaden the taste buds when sipping a nice, balanced cocktail that has quality spirits in it)
- Top with a spicy, all-natural Ginger Brew
- Garnish with mint sprig and lime wedge
The Paloma (grapefruit juice, tequila, club soda) is hugely popular these days, but lacks that certain "something special". My Centenario Slant is a nice variation on the Tequila/Grapefruit theme. Hits the spot on a hot summer's day.
*There is also an alcoholic version of Falernum called Velvet Falernum. For this particular recipe, I used the N/A syrup made by Fee Brothers.