Thursday, October 1, 2009

Agave Ginger Rose...Tequila, Raspberries and Ginger!

Always looking for interesting tequila drinks, something other than a Margarita. I came up with this one for Bijou Restaurant and Bar:

Agave Ginger Rose
6 to 8 fresh Raspberries
1/4 oz. Agave Nectar
Muddle
1/2 oz. Fresh, Hand-pressed lime juice
1/2 oz. Fresh, Hand-pressed Orange Juice
3/4 oz. Canton Ginger Liqueur
1and3/4 oz. 100% Blue Agave Silver Tequila (Siete Leguas is great)
Ice
Shake, strain over fresh ice in a 12 oz. glass
Top with splash of Fever Tree Ginger Ale (made with real ginger and pure cane sugar)
Garnish: 1 raspberry, lime wheel, and candied ginger piece

* You can also use a raspberry puree. If doing so, axe the Agave nectar and fresh raspberries, and use 1 oz. puree instead.

1 comment:

Ivan Chan Studio said...

This sounds delicious! I think I'm inheriting a bottle of aged tequila from someone soon--this will be on my list of recipes to try!

Take care,

I.